This page is a list of groups I’m a part of, hobbies and interests, and other things that are important to me. In true geek fashion, I offer them to you as a list of links.
- Boston Linux and UNIX Group: I’m Assistant Director, and sometimes presenter. I’ve been a member for about 10 years. This group spun off from the long-defunct Boston Computer Society
- Association of Computing Machinery: ACM, the world’s largest educational and scientific computing society, delivers resources that advance computing as a science and a profession. ACM provides the computing field’s premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources.
- Agile Bazaar: The Agile Bazaar is the leading community of Agile enthusiasts, practitioners and learners in New England. Based in Boston, we are committed to fostering a greater knowledge of the Agile values and practices. We are a learning community focused on broadening our own understanding as well as the spreading that knowledge to the broader community of professionals in the area. I lead the publicity group for Agile Bazaar, and run the Wiki and mailing lists used to coordinate the group.
Profiles on other websites
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is an online network of experienced professionals from around the world. When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional accomplishments. Your profile helps you find and be found by former colleagues, clients, and partners. You can add more connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you.
- Citibank: Yeah, right. Like I’m going to give you my bank account information. I only give that to those poor Nigerians.
- Agile software development
- Bad science fiction movies: Think Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Technical theater: I worked on lighting and sound for productions in NYC for about 10 years. I would love to get back into it before I’m too old to climb a ladder with an 50lb PAR can in my hand and 1 100ft cable slung over my shoulder. I did quite a bit of Shakespeare, but also a lot of silly little comedies. Then there’s the cast parties….
- DJ: I used to be a semi-pro event DJ I still like playing at parties, and have an OK light show.