- Will Goodan is a designer for fun and profit (ad campaigns, like this and this). But he’s also done some that appear to just be for fun. I love this and this and this.
- Oliver Munday’s website shares the same two faces. My favorite entries are this one, this one, and his business card (be sure to look at both the back and the front).
- Today’s shirt design at shirt.woot.com (a sister website to woot.com) is very cool. I almost bought it.
- Yay Everyday has some wonderful photography and artwork some NSFW. Like DeviantArt, but on a smaler scale. Tt’s interesting and different. Here’s a good starting place. Then get some attitude. Damn!
- BBC Blast Studio: Physically interactive art at its finest.
- 3D Animation Gone Wild on MakeUseOf.
Microreview: Most Excellent!
I bought this book because I was working on some gnarly multithreading problems. I was hoping to get up to speed on the wonderful new concurrency classes added in Java 1.5 to replace the boring old Thread class. What I got was so much more. It goes into great depth in:
- Preventing thread data escaping (what happens in thread, stays in thread)
- How to divide work among threads
- Exactly why the New Hotness is better than the Old Stuff
- The difference between the various implementations of the New Hotness